When you have a lot of things going on at your school, then you know that it can be hard to figure out what is going on and how to take care of everything. Whether you are teaching or working at the sammamish private schools or a public school in the suburbs, you will find that there is a lot to be said about the whole thing. How are you supposed to make sure that communication is relayed correctly?
One of the most difficult parts of parent communication is how many forms that you have to deal with. Sending home report cards, permission slips, and a number of other pieces of paperwork can end up causing you a lot of headache. And think about all of the potential disadvantages that can occur if you primarily utilize paper communications.
· Students and parents can lose or forget important paperwork.
· Students may not want to pass the information off to their parents.
· In situations where both parents are not in the same home, both parents may not get important pieces of information.
· Secretaries and teachers spend a lot of time making copies and sending them out.
· You spend an immense amount of money on paper communications, and the costs of those materials and postage continue to increase over time.
As technology has advanced, the “necessity” for paper communications has become that much less. As a matter of fact, electronic communications have become so advanced that you can actually completely eliminate paper communication from your school’s action plan, thus giving you distinctive advantages in terms of saving time and money. You can find some great programs out there and make sure that, no matter what, you’re going to be able to get parents what they need.